Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Girls!!!

I was so proud of my girls this week. Kali had a performance at our church. She got up and sang her little heart out. She looked so sweet up there. When she was done she immediately asked me if I saw her. I said yes that I did. I mean she was looking at me the whole time, and so she knew that I saw her. But she needed that recognition from me that I was looking. She did so good. On Monday, Emily had a school concert. She also received the award for Christian character in second grade. To me, this award far exceeds all else. Just a while back, I had let Emily know that it doesn't matter what is on the outside, but rather what is on the inside. I told her that it was more important to be beautiful inside rather than have outward beauty. I was truly pleased that her teacher awarded her this award, and I pray that Emily will always strive to be a truly beautiful Christian woman. However, all that being said, I think she is pretty beautiful outwardly as well. But I am her mom. Here is a picture of her in her dress. She would not smile too much because her friends were watching.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Emily and Kali- what a great week for both of you! We are so proud of you.

    Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is beautiful all around. She is a great example for all of her classmates and adds a shining light to my day. She was a total joy to teach.
    Emily, do you want to do second grade again next year? I know I will need more girls in my class.

    ReplyDelete