Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I need to know how to bottle this up....


Chris called me last night and told me to go look at Kali. This is what I saw. I know that this next line is going to sound crazy, but I absolutely love, with a capital L, watching her suck her thumb. From birth (and I mean day 1) to about 3 and a half, she was a avid thumb sucker. She loved her thumb. I mean all day every day. At 3 and a half, she developed a sore that had some kind of staph in it on her thumb. She had to go to the doctor, and the doctor used a needle to drain it. The doctor said that she would never suck her thumb again. I laughed and was like okay. Very doubtful, but okay. Well no kidding, but I mean no more thumb. However, I have discovered that at night while she is sleeping she still puts her little thumb in her mouth. I mean come on people she is my baby. I want to keep her that way forever. Just to be clear though, this is not something that I encourage, but it is something I love. She is so precious!!!

This was Emily's first special practice for her program. She has had many large group rehearsals, but this was the first small group practice. I told her I wanted to take her picture, and she was like WHY????? What, my daughter does not want her picture taken. I thought this day would never come. I guess she is too cool for pictures. I mean none of her friends were around, but I still got a cute shot.
So I need to know how to bottle this up to keep forever. If you have any ideas let me know. Bye....

1 comment:

  1. You can not bottle it up, but blogging about it helps save the memory. Keep telling us about your beauties.
    Are you going to tattle on Hattie on your blog? You have to see the picture of Hattie and Kali on my blog. I think they look so cute. I don't think I have put it on there before.

    ReplyDelete