Saturday, March 7, 2009

I LOVE FIRST GRADERS!!







I am a teacher, and really enjoy teaching the first grade. I have done kindergarten, first, and second. But first grade, by far, is my very favorite. They are not so little, that they can't do anything, but they are little enough so that they still love the small things.
This week in my class of 19, we had a teddy bear slumber party. They all brought stuffed animals to school. They got to take them everywhere on Thursday, and then Thursday night the bears stayed at school. When the kids got to school Friday morning, they were shocked to see that the "bears" had, had a major party the night before. There were juice boxes, chip bags, cookie bags, toys, a pizza box, and many other things thrown around the room. Here comes the best part, all nineteen students just knew that their bears had done this. It was great to see their expressions, and to feel their excitement.



That is why I love first graders. They still are young enough to appreciate the small things. Here are a couple of pictures of the room before the kids cleaned it up. Yes, of course they cleaned it up because it was their bears that made the mess. Just like a mom cleans up after them, I told them. They loved even the clean up event. =)

1 comment:

  1. I must say I am jealous. You make first grade sound soooo much better than second grade. Stop making me look so bad. I am totally stealing your idea if we are ever separated.
    I know Emogene loved it.

    ReplyDelete